Nashville General Hospital Spiritual Care is committed to inclusive spiritual care for patients, families and staff delivered with compassion and respect for human dignity. We provide holistic, interfaith spiritual support as the foundation for our hospitals' spiritual environment of caring. Nashville General Hospital understands the vital roles that faith and spirituality play in the lives of patients and their families, and we encourage patients and their families to see chaplains as an integral part of their health care team.
How Chaplains Can Help
We are available to provide spiritual and emotional care during your stay or visit by offering:
• A listening ear
• Prayer before procedure
• Support for family or friends
• Connection to your faith tradition
Chaplain Omaràn D. Lee, M.Div., ACPE
African Methodist Episcopal
MDiv Lipscomb University; BA Fisk University
Clinical Pastoral Education
Residency: Tennessee Valley Healthcare System VA
Internship: Tennessee Valley Healthcare System VA
Medical Intensive Care, Intermediate Care, General Medical, Urology
What is a Chaplain?
Chaplains are spiritual care givers who help people during challenging times.
When to Call a Chaplain
• When you want prayer or spiritual guidance
• When you need to talk about fears, concerns, hopes or any other emotional issues
• When you desire a rite or ritual (such as communion, baptism, the sacrament of the sick, or anointing)
• When there is a death or crisis
• When you're wrestling with spiritual issues such as unresolved grief, lack of faith, inability to pray, a sense of being abandoned by God, or when you lack hope or question the meaning of life
• When you need information about local religious groups or resources
How to Contact a Chaplain
• Ask your nurse or another member of your care team to contact the on-call chaplain.
• Call the Department of Spiritual Care at 615-341-4408
• Visit the Department of Spiritual Care located on the Lower Level Across from Human Resources
Chaplains are available in the hospital during hours 7am-2pm Tuesday through Friday and are on-call for emergencies on the weekends.